If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
I already had a Facebook fan page and an account on Pinterest, so those were the two I've concentrated on the most. Plus, I felt that they would give me the most exposure since they are good venues for my on-line jewelry business.
The results are a little surprising.
- I started the month with 628 fans. I now have 716 fans.
- I gained 58 new fans from my Facebook ad, which means I gained 30 fans directly from Etsy or Facebook friends/fans.
- I have been posting 1 post each weekday and people are starting to engage more often with my posts. That's important as my posts will be seen more often if there is more interactions. At this time, I'm not comfortable posting more than once a day. That just seems spammy to me. :-)
- Here is one interesting statistic: The post that had the biggest reach by far, was my post showing my YouTube video. I've heard that facebook prioritizes posts with video and images, so this tells me that it's worth my time to create more videos.
- Etsy stats show 21 visits to my shop this month directly from Facebook.
- Google Analytics shows 81 visits to my shop.
- I started the month with 46 pins and 22 followers on my Theresa Rose Designs board. I now have 64 pins and 27 followers.
- I started the month with 12 pins and 16 followers on my Wedding Jewelry board. I now have 13 pins and 21 followers.
- I've been pinning 4-5 pins every weekday, with only 1 or 2 of those pins relating directly to my jewelry.
- Here's my surprising statistic: I've received more visits to my shop from Pinterest than from Facebook. Etsy stats show 46 visits to my shop from Pinterest. That's double than from Facebook!
- Google Analytics shows 123 visits to my shop. That's 50% more than Facebook.
- Pinterest was my #1 social media referral, according to Google Analytics.
YouTube and Instagram:
- I've just begun posting to Instagram and YouTube, so I don't have any interesting information from these two venues yet.
- I will say that I'm not sold on Instagram. I've read about people having a lot of success with this application, but I haven't fallen in love with it.
So, this first month's results show me that Pinterest is a very worthwhile venue to pursue. I plan on stepping it up a bit next month and we'll see if my results improve even more.
I'm looking forward to February!