'You can't hire someone else to do your push-ups for you.'
Jim Rohn, Motivational Speaker
I invite you to read along and hopefully join in as I spend the next 100 days concentrating on growing my business. My hope is that I will move out of my comfort zone, expand my knowledge and take my home-based business to the next level of success.
Here is my 100 Days Business Growth Pledge:
- Once a week I will apply a new concept/idea. Examples of this will be starting a YouTube channel, new sales techniques, reaching out to other people for help, marketing strategies such as Instagram, etc.
- Any action plans created during these 100 days will be applied consistently. Once committed to a plan, I will see it through for the duration.
I decided to start this blog series after reading the book 'The Success Principles' by Jack Canfield. If you have not read this book yet, I highly recommend it. I will be using many of his principles and documenting my success (or failures!).
It is not my intention to provide this blog series as a 'how-to'. I am certainly no expert and I don't have all the answers. This is an experiment of sorts. I will be pushing myself WAY out of my comfort zone for the next 100 days. I am excited to see where it takes me (and you if you follow along!). I won't pretend that I'm not the least bit anxious or nervous either. There are many principles in Jack Canfield's book that I know I should adopt and utilize, but am very uncomfortable doing so. I'm going to challenge myself, and you will hold me accountable! By documenting my journey and hopefully with your comments about your journeys, we will hold each other accountable and see tremendous change in our respective businesses.
Here is the blog series plan:
- The challenge begins on Wednesday, January 1st and will run for 20 weeks.
- I will post 5 days a week, usually Monday through Friday. There are times when this schedule will change slightly, due to a couple of travel commitments I have in the next few months. During those times, I will post an alternative blog post schedule.
- On Mondays, I will outline the posts for the whole week so you know what to expect and if you are taking this challenge with me (and hopefully reading Jack Canfield's book), you can plan accordingly.
- Besides my jewelry business, I also have a new Arbonne business that I'm really excited about. I absolutely love their products and while I didn't plan on being a consultant, I found that it was a natural course of action to take and balances perfectly with my current business and life. My blog posts will include both businesses at different times as they each have their own unique challenges and opportunities.
For this week, December 30 through January 3, the blog posts will be:
- Monday: Introduction to this blog series.
- Tuesday: Finding our Why (I found a great video explaining how you need to know why you are in business!).
- Wednesday: Success Principle #28: Cleaning up the Clutter. I thought this would be a good way to begin the new year.
- Thursday: Goal Setting.
- Friday: Developing a Social Media Plan.
So, welcome to my new blog series! I hope you enjoy it and gain as much from it as I will by writing it. I always welcome comments. Please feel free to share this with anyone else you think can benefit from taking this challenge.
Getting out of your comfort zone is the only way to see big change. Taking those scary steps are necessary! The ones we most resist are usually the ones we need to embrace and adopt. I know that I'm ready to plow forward - are you?