Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
In order to grow your business, it's important to market in the right places and to the right demographic. To be successful, it's so important to have a social media presence. I currently have a facebook fan page and a pinterest account that I sporadically post to. Note the word 'sporadically'. This is where today's challenge comes to play.
I now am officially committing myself to developing and sticking to a real social media plan. The first step is to figure out which social media venues work best with your type of business.
The most popular social media sites I found are:
I am going to concentrate on 4 of these sites for the time being. It's easy to get sucked into the social media vortex and spend all day posting. While it's important to have a presence, there does need to be a balance. I will be sticking to the following 4 sites for my 100 day challenge:
- 1 - 2 posts per day for the duration of this blog series.
- I've read a lot of opinions about the optimal number of posts one should make per day. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be one good answer. I hesitate to post too often for fear of spamming and alienating my fans, so I will review my results at the end of January to see if this needs adjusting.
- Current facebook fan count: 628
- I will post current count at the end of each month with my new fan count and average of posts per day.
- Change my cover page and profile picture once a week to keep it fresh.
- 4 - 6 pins per day for the duration of this blog series.
- Maximum 2 pins for my business each day. Additional pins will include other boards that I enjoy: recipes, natural health, crafts, etc.
- Create Arbonne board and begin pinning.
- While the number of followers vary depending on the board, I will just concentrate on the boards that feature business:
- Theresa Rose Designs: 45 pins, 22 followers
- Wedding Jewelry: 12 pins, 16 followers
- Arbonne: 0 pins, 16 followers
- I will post current counts at the end of each month with number of pins.
This is a new site for me so I don't have a plan yet. I will be researching this option next week and this challenge starts in 1 week. I am committed to the following:
- Learn about Instagram.
- Develop a solid Instagram plan by January 17th.
Here is my main social media challenge! I haven't signed up yet, but this challenge starts in 2 weeks. I am committed to the following:
- Create a channel.
- Post one YouTube video per week.
- Develop a solid YouTube plan by the end of January.
What are your social media plans for the next 100 days? What are your biggest challenges?