Every Etsy Seller Needs To Have Their Own Website!
I've been selling on Etsy for over 5 years and have been very happy with the traffic and sales I receive on their site. However, I also have my own website and I'm so glad I do.
Launching my website only took me 1 week from start to finish. It's a simple site and at this time, just consists of the following pages:
- Home - I have a slideshow featuring my jewelry.
- The Shop - This page links directly to my Etsy store.
- Blog - Links to my blog.
- About - This tells my story .
- Contact - All my contact info (e-mail, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter) is located here.
- E-Mail Updates - Link to sign up for my e-mail newsletter.
Reasons to have your own site, even if you are selling successfully on Etsy
- You own your brand name. TheresaRoseDesigns is my name, forever. As long as I pay my $10 every year, no one can take that name. Even if it takes you a while to build the site, grab the domain name asap!
- Your entire online presence can be accessed from one location. From my main site, you can link to:
- Etsy Shop
- Facebook Fan Page
All my communication links to my website, not Etsy. I want to drive people to my site and they can select the Shop link to go to Etsy. This serves a couple of purposes:
- If anything happens to Etsy, whether temporarily or permanently, people still have a link to find me.
- I can find out (through analytics) how many people are coming to my Etsy shop from TheresaRoseDesigns.com. (good info!).
- Customers can directly link to my social media sites and blog.
So, if you haven't started your own site, what are you waiting for? Go for it!