Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Half Year Resolutions - Part 2 - Health/Lifestyle

Well, I’m on my way to a newer, healthier, happier 2nd half of 2013! I’m committing myself to so many changes and really looking forward to this journey. I hope that my blog will resonate with other women who are also interested in making the same changes and feeling more fulfilled in their lives. And I especially hope that we can connect and support each other.


Today I list the changes I am making in my lifestyle and health. I’ve been on the road towards a more wholesome lifestyle for some time now and I have already seen the benefits in many ways. I now wish to deepen my commitment and look for new ways to promote this on my blog. There is a lot of alternative information out on the internet and elsewhere that advocate natural health, nutrition, and wellbeing.

1. Purchase more organic and ‘whole’ foods. I’ve been slowly adapting to this process for a while now, so this will continue. I rarely shop at grocery stores anymore and opting for farmer markets and natural food stores such as Sprouts. Removing processed products from my diet is a major goal of mine.

2. Exercise – this is a tough one! I already incorporate some exercise almost every day by walking my dog, but the hot summer months makes this hard to do at a level that promotes any real health benefit. Regular exercise is something I have a hard time maintaining. I have a gym membership but always find reasons to not go (such as writing this blog post right now!). But, if I’m going to be serious about making changes for the 2nd half of 2013, then I need to really think what I can realistically accomplish. I’ll come back to this one later.

3. Try a new healthy product or food every 2 weeks. I’m really looking forward to this one! I also look forward to blogging about new healthy products I’m enjoying or not enjoying – I promise to be honest in my assessments.

4. Try a new recipe every week. This sort of ties into my goal of using Pinterest also. Pinterest is full of fantastic recipes, so I will have a chance to expand our menu – all healthy options of course!

5. Simplify my life. Ok, so maybe this is too broad, but really – do I honestly need another pair of black shorts or jeans – NO! I intend to limit my purchases drastically. Of course, this ties into the quitting my job goal stated in my last blog post, so it’s probably going to be a necessity more than a desire.

I think that’s a good start for now. These are all goals that are attainable and will allow me to slowly adapt to change without feeling overwhelmed. It’s so important not to make such a major overhaul that it becomes difficult to maintain. This is why I also look forward to blogging about my transition so I can see the steady progress I make while adopting healthier options a little at a time.

No comments: